Nov 23, 2009

Movie Mondays!


A scifi classic worth seeing if only for Edward G Robinson’s very poignant last appearance ever on film. Charlton Heston plays a hard-nosed detective trying to ferret out the truth about a murder. The backdrop is a city succumbing to the evils of overpopulation and (prophetic for its time?) global warming. Joseph Cotten (Citizen Kane), Brock Peters and Chuck Conners (TV’s The Rifleman) round out the cast. Very much a product of its day, Soylent Green is one of those scifi standards you have to see at least once.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

2 comments:

Peter said...

I loved this movie as a kid. I would put this right up there with Charleston Heston's "Omega Man".
i remember watching these movies and other sci fi, horror movies on channel 7's Creature Feature (i think that was the programs name) after school.

PJ said...

Yeah, I remember these so very well. Omega Man was a favorite of mine too. Charlton Heston was THE scifi actor between these and the Planet of the Apes movies.

I loved Creature Feature (with of course THE CREEP) on Saturday evenings on Channel 5 or Chiller Theater on channel 11. Great days!